ENUGU STATE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE OFFICE OF THE CHAIRMAN
Revenue Centre, 2 Leck Avenue, State Secretariat Complex, Enugu
Tel: 09030001665, 08075625555 E-mail: [email protected]
In order to cushion the impact of Covid-19 crisis on tax payers in Enugu State, the Enugu State Internal Revenue Service, with the gracious approval of His Excellency, The Governor, Rt. Hon. (Dr) Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, wishes to grant Tax Relief and Incentives to tax payers in Enugu state as follows;
- The Enugu State Government has since the inception of the current administration, in May 2015, waived the payment of Personal Income Tax, as well as Market Tax, for all traders in the major markets of the State. This waiver which is part of the administration’s pro-poor policies and which is still in force will be sustained till the end of this administration.
- The deadline for the submission of Form A for employees and Annual Returns in accordance with Section 41(3) and 81(1 – 3) of the Personal Income Tax Act (PITA) 2011 as amended for companies and institutions operating in Enugu State has been extended to 30th July, 2020.
- A waiver of penalty and interest charged for late remittance of Pay As You Earn (PAYE) deductions is hereby granted from January to December 2020 for all sectors.
- A 50% discount on all assessed Capital Gains Tax (CGT) from now till December, 2020.
- A 50% discount to all Personal Income Tax Assessment issued to owners of Schools and Hotels for Year 2020.
- A 50% discount of all assessed Land Use Charge payment for Year 2020. This discount will expire on 31st of December 2020.
- A waiver of Penalty and Interest on Land Use Charge for years 2018 and 2019 once payment is made before December, 2020.
- All our esteemed tax payers are encouraged to obtain their Enugu State Social Benefit Number (ESBN) as it remains the unique identity prerequisite for obtaining electronic Tax Clearance Certificate (e-TCC). Remember ESBN is Free.
- Our liaison offices at Abuja and Lagos are open on a daily basis except weekends and public holidays for easier access to taxpayers. The address and e-mails are as follows;
Enugu Liaison Office Abuja
⦁ No 18 Ralph Shodeinde Street, Central Business Area, Opposite Federal Ministry of Finance, Room No 508, FCT, Abuja 08136574958, 09018352830
Enugu Liaison Office Lagos
⦁ No 45 Lasode Crescent Victoria Island Lagos.
⦁ Plot 1231, Bishop Oluwole Street, PMB 80070, Victoria Island, Lagos. 08160808022, 08033150110
- All taxpayers should make their payments into any Commercial Bank with ENSG IGR Paydirect Platform. You must not pay by cash to anyone.
- For further details, please contact us through the following addresses: [email protected] or any of these numbers, 08075625555, 09030001665 between the hours of 8 am to 4 pm Mondays to Fridays except on public holidays.