- Labour policy and legislation
- Safety, Health and Welfare of Labour
- Social security of Labour
- Industrial relations and enforcement of labour Laws
- Adjudication of Industrial disputes through arbitration and National Industrial Court.
- Workers education and labour issues
- Labour and employment statistics and emigration of labour
- Empowerment scheme, skill development and vocational training programmes for public servants.
- Administration of state wide labour and empowerment services
- National and international cooperation on labour and employment matters
- Advocacy and positive action for the employment of Enugu State indigenes in Federal MDAs
- Labour policy on special target groups such as women, physically challenged and child labour
To create an enabling working environment for sustainable development and economic growth in the State.